Monday, June 09, 2003

My nine year old son Dylan pitches tomorrow night. Okay - I am an embarrasingly proud dad. He decided to start working on this at the beginning of the season on his own. A week ago one of his coaches checked out his pitching on a lark and decided to put him in the game. I told Dylan that I was proud of his pitching but that I was more proud of the way he practiced so that when an opportunity came he could seize it. If he would have neglected to practice he wouldn't have been able to rise to the occassion. A lot of fodder for life lessons here I think.

Things are moving forward with St. Patrick's (our church plant). Should get a fudn raisnig letter out this week and I am sendsing invites to an exploratory meeting on June 23. After that meeting things will kick off with a vengence. Scott (one of my partners in crime) and I have begun to look for meeting space. Sorry all you home/house church purists - we're going to have a weekly, large group worship service - have mercy.

If any anglicans are reading this - what do you think of the poop hitting the fan in the Anglican communion? Could the rebuke from the 2/3 world bishops to the Diocese of New Westminster be the beginning of the breakup of the communion?

No comments: