Tuesday, December 23, 2003

Just found out that we are supposed to have a rain/snow mix tonight with a high of 35 tomorrow. This may hamper our ability to leave early in the morn for our our Christmas tour. But hey, we were supposed to be buried in snow last weekend and we were not buried. Are contemporary meterologists trained to overdramatize the weather? Sure seems like they do. Must be for ratings. Anyway, it may by sunny and 45 tomorrow morning for all I know.

The household is healed. In fact by Saturday all except Trudi were fine. Dylan and I made it to church Sunday morn. About half of us were missing from the service. A combination of illness and Christmas travel.

We all opened one gift last night. Tonight we open the rest. I know, I know - it's not Christmas yet. But it is a pain to drag a bunch of gifts halfway across the USA just to open them on Christmas. This way we can open everything, take what we need and have an easier time packing because things are no longer boxed.

I discovered a great new wine. It's a South Australian wine. The label is Black Swan. The grape is Shiraz. It's a nice, dry red. Kind of like cabernet sauvignon or merlot. I like dry reds myself so I find it quite tasty.

Cheers

No comments: