Saturday, January 29, 2005

BFAST WITH REES AND OTHER ASSORTED THINGS

In a few minutes Rees and I will leave for bfast at the local health food place -- ahem, McDonalds. Each week I take one of the boys out. No agenda -- just being together. Today is Rees' turn.

I am reading again David McCullough's masterful biography Truman. HS Truman is one of my heroes -- a great man and a great leader. A lot of good life lessons from his story.

Dylan is taking guitar lessons. He seems to be enjoying it.

Spent three days at the Close last week. The Close is a retreat in Southern Kentucky. It is a place fro silence, rest and reflection. I was there with two other men. Silence during the day -- chatting at night. I wish I be out there a long time. I had no great revelations while there. It was simply a few days of recharging my batteries.

Cheers!

No comments: