Wednesday, February 27, 2008

This is Just Plain Interesting

Micheal Kruse has put up a post discussing generational research and the coming election. I take this stuff with a grain of salt, but it is very, very interesting.

Is an Obama versus McCain campaign evidence of a "€œFourth Turning"€ as described by William Strauss and Neil Howe? I know some of my readers roll their eyes at this stuff about generations but a couple of years ago I did an eleven part series (Index) on Strauss and HoweĆ¢€™s work, focusing primarily on their books Generations: The History of America's Future, 1584 to 2069 and The Fourth Turning: An American Prophecy. An Obama versus McCain campaign seems to reflect what Strauss and Howe (S&H) would predict during our era. I'€™ve got to give some considerable background to get to my point, so here goes.

Read it all here.

No comments: