Monday, August 11, 2003

I finished my final course at Asbury last Thursday. What a great feeling! Now I just have a few books and a couple of short papers to write and then I will get my diploma.

I will be ordained to the diaconate on September 25, 2003 in Charlotte, NC. In the Anglican - and broader catholic tradition - one is ordained to the diaconate before ordained to the priesthood. There are a number of reasons for this. One is pracitical - it can serve as a probationary period where one's vocation is tested. Another reason is iconic and formational - it's meant to form in one the notion that priesthood always involves diakonia - service and ministry.

My boys begin school Thursday. Dylan in 4th grade and Rees in kindergarten. By the way - Rees informed us last night that he wants to be called Chas (pronounced chaz). Dylan, of course, refuses to call him this. Rees, that is Chas, was ready to pummel him, but we helped find his quiet place and choose a better path. Ah, the joys of parenting!

Pax

No comments: