Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Yesterday was a quiet, quiet day. Rees (our 6 year old son) was home from school with a mild fever. Ainsley was with us too. I read some Chesterton (always pleasurable), I read some Bible, worked on my genealogy - one of my hobbies - and did general vegging. It was good!

When I was pastoring in Iowa I was a workaholic. I am not really a type A person, but I love my work and I could always find an excuse to do that and neglect the other parts of my life - especially family and the need for leisure. I have a new commitment to make Monday's have nothing to do with ministry. I might work - as in work on the house or yard work - but no specifically pastoral work. Well see how it goes.

I always say that all of life is God's so I better live what I preach.

No comments: