Monday, March 01, 2004

I saw The Passion on Ash Wednesday. I thought it was great. It is a meditation on the final hours of our Lord's life. It is brutal. It has very catholic sensibilities. It is moving. It was a reasonable interpretation of the gospel stories. It was not dogma. Sure it could be criticized. It won't turn the world upside down. But - I say go see it. It is worth the price of admission.

Today is Monday - the official international pastor's day off :) It is funny how I find myself wanting to dive into a bunch of work. I imagine it has to do with my work being something I love to do and that it is connected to my personhood in a way that I job I might have to only make a living would be easy to leave behind everyday. So, of course, I am profoundly fortunate to have the kind of work I have, but it has its own dangers. One must be sure and still find time to be a normal human being. Today - some laundry, some blogging, a nap a little reading, maybe a drive. Whatever, whatever.

No comments: