Friday, April 02, 2004

Dylan, Rees and I were planning on camping at Cumberland Falls tonight, but the weather beat us to the punch. Oh well, I 'm not in control of that. Instead we plan to go to a movie - just the guys - men'sn night out.


Has anyone downloaded songs from Walmart.com? Only $.88 each. Dylan and Rees are now enrolled in the school of rock - so we downloaded four Jimi Hendriz songs -- "Purple Haze", "Foxey Lady", "All Along the Watchtower" and "Voodoo Child". We still need to download "Red House". Dylan knows about Hendrix's life and wanted to know if it was okay to enjoy his music. I told him what I believe -- Jimi's ability to play was a gift from God and we can enjoy what God gave him. That doesn't mean we have to approve of how he lived. He was a great guitarist who made great music - that is enough justification to listen to him. This is also a boon because we do not have to hear the Backstreet Boys anymore!! Whew....

I am reading Patrick:Son of Ireland. Don't know what I think yet. Of course 95% of it is made up. I expect that. But so far the way the author tells Patrick's story doesn't ring true with what Patrick wrote about himself. I am going to finish it and reserve final judgment for the end of the read.

Cheers!

No comments: