Monday, September 11, 2006

5 Years Ago

It has been five years. I was at work. My collegues and I were about ready to walk to another building in our church complex for our weekly staff meeting. My wife called from her work and told me a plane hit the World Trade Center. (She saw the second plane hit live.) The details are fuzzy from there. We scrounged up a T.V. One of my co-workers received a call from her husband that a jet hit the pentagon. While in staff meeting another call came. One of the towers was collapsing. The U.S. was under attack.

Needless to say, not much work was done that day. We spent the day in a daze -- glued to the T.V.

Then the eerie sound of silence. No jets. No contrails. T.V. coverage 24/7. Trying to guard my then 7 year old and 3 year old from the perpetual showing of the towers going down.

A sad day. A reminder that until the King of Kings comes the world is a deeply dangerous place.

May we never forget that.

No comments: