Friday, March 09, 2007

Missional Church 5 -- Missional Leadership

My work week this week has allowed me the freedom for some quiet reading and reflection this afternoon. I have begun to read The Missional Leader: Equipping Your Church to Reach a Changing World . It is good. I will probably write on it in the coming days. Right now, I am realizing that I have deeply embraced the ideology of being missional but have not formed the habits and practices needed to lead in a missional manner. I think the Lord will use the book to help move me into these new ways. I'll let you know what happens.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Missional Leader is one of the best books I've read in years. It offers ideas and insights that are refreshing and liberating. Here's what I wrote about it a few weeks ago:
http://wesleyvoice.org/blog4/2007/02/recommended_or_required_readin.html

Adam Gonnerman said...

I will look forward to your thoughts and review of this book. It's on my long term list of books to eventually buy and read, but honestly it is one that I would likely keep putting off for quite a while just because it looks too "popular." If the substance of it is good, according to your review, I'll move it up the list.