Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Obama and Special Interests

One refrain in Obama's campaign is the need to take on Washington politics and the reign of special interests. I like that. However, I have a question. If that is Obama wants to do, why did he vote for the Farm Bill? Let's see. Farmers are having record profits and, as everyone knows, subsidies do not go to small farmers but to the big agribusiness concerns. In other words, the Farm Bill is corporate welfare if there ever was and a bill to please special interests if there ever was ... and Barack voted for it.

I'm just sayin'...

UPDATE:
Oh, BTW, I know why Obama voted this way -- he wants to win Iowa in the fall and you can't win Iowa without paying off the farmers. I know, I grew up in Iowa.

1 comment:

Magotty Man said...

Unfortunately not everybody knows...