Friday, July 18, 2003

Whew - I am tired. Been in class or at work or writing for 12-13 days straight. Weary, weary.

I am finishing work at Church of the Apostles on Sunday July 27. That Sunday will be a commissioning for Trudi, the kids and I as we embark on our new venture of planting St. Patrick's church. So, I will get some free weekends before things get going in the fall. That is good - we need some fun time and some family time. I think I need a quiet day at Gethsemani or The Close (a great retreat center in Southeastern, Ky). I need to read, sleep and pray . . .

We are going to Iowa July 31 - Aug 3. This will be as great time to be with friends. I will also get to speak at Cornerstone Church and The Salt Company. When I was pastoring there we had only one service. Now there is two - I think it will be the first time I have ever preached twice on a Sunday morning - should be good. It has been five years since working with those ministries - it has gone very, very fast!! I remember sitting in Troy Nesbitt's kitchen in 1993 dreaming about planting a church. That idea has grown to a congregation of 1500. I'm looking forward to being back there.

Ames - where we are going - is actually my hometown - born and raised there. My Dad is buried there so we hope to take some flowers to his grave. I want my boys to see it. It is good to remember who went before us and made our lives possible. They never knew their Grandpa, but hopefully I can help them make a connection. We also will stop in and see some family friends.

Trudi and I are really excited about eating at two places while there - Hickory Park, an amazing BBQ place and the Flame and Skewer, the best Greek Place I know of (Lexington needs a place where you can get a salad smothered in Feta and a great Gyro smothered in cucumber sauce).

Pax

No comments: