Monday, December 15, 2003

Finally in the last ten days before Christmas. Now I can actually think about shopping. :)

All of my kids have the flu - Rees had it earlier in the week and has it again. When will I get it? As my wife writes in her blog when it hits me I will be in the hospital for a week. Guess I'm an all or nothing kind of guy.

Anyone ever wonder if blogging just encourages our latent narcissism?

I am glad they caught Saddam Hussein. Kudos to special forces.

My friend Sean Levine and his family are leaving Kentucky for Fort Lewis in Washington state in a couple of days. He will begin his career as an Army chaplain in January. The word is that he will serve a signal corps unit and his unit will be deployed soon. Pray for his wife and son as well as him.

If you have ever had wafers at holy communion you will agree with a friend of mine who had a professor who always said - "it's easier to believe that they are the body of Christ than that they are bread."

My favorite Christmas Carol is "O Holy Night". My favorite line from that carol is "long lay the world in sin and error pining, 'til he appeared and the soul felt its worth." My favorite Christmas tune is "The Christmas Song" - especially Nat King Cole's version.

Cheers.

No comments: